In addition to services offered in our centre we also offer housing support. It’s very difficult to have good mental health if you are homeless, or not managing at home. Our friendly, highly experienced and dedicated staff are here to help with a wide variety of housing issues including cooking, budgeting, re-housing, maintaining a tenancy and emotional support. We hope to help people live more independent lives.

 Digital art by Clive Geary

Digital art by Clive Geary

Living in one of our properties also means that you can access the resources at Waddington Street Centre too.

We have two city centre properties which house 3 males each. Tenants have their own room and shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. Tenancies in both properties can last up to 2 years. Both properties are Wi-Fi enabled.

In addition to our houses, we have four self-contained flats in Sherburn Hill available to males and females. These flats are for people who are more independent than those living in our other supported accommodation. All tenants must be recovery focused and be currently engaging or willing to engage with at least 2 recovery focused activities per week. Each flat has a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. The area is served by regular bus links into Durham.

We also have 4 floating support places available to men and women living in their own homes. We can work with people over a short period or for up to 1 year. The aim is to support vulnerable adults in their own homes to remain independent and manage their tenancies and related issues.


Finally we also provide a Lanchester Road hospital discharge service. Referrals are made by hospital staff for people who may have issues relating to homelessness/housing issues or benefits prior to discharge from Hospital.

WSC supports patients to get settled back into the community which helps them to avoid relapse and readmission.

Referrals to housing services should be made by a mental health professional.

If you have any questions regarding our Supported Housing, please contact our Housing Co-ordinator Sam Mason.