Waddington Street Centre Limited 3 Waddington Street, Durham. DH1 4BG
Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England No 2330506, Charity Registration No. 701514
Digital Champion 12 hours per week (variable days – to be agreed) £10.85 per hour.
12- month fixed term contract.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 6th September
An exciting employment opportunity has arisen at Waddington Street Centre (WSC). We are a busy and vibrant voluntary sector, community mental health resource, based in Durham City. We are open 7 days and 4 evenings per week.
WSC is looking to employ a Digital Champion for a period of 12 months. The post is for 12 hours per week. The successful applicant will work with all of the groups which take place in WSC.
In the future it will be harder for people to be included if they do not have access to the internet or the skills to get on line.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and friendly person who enjoys and is confident in supporting people to get online. You will need to have good knowledge of the internet, I.T and online safety issues.
Due to the nature of the work, in agreement, your days of work may change from week to week. You will also be required to work with some of our groups which take place on evenings or weekends. The majority of the work will take place daytime Monday – Friday.
· Inspiring and supporting adults with mental health problems to use the internet safely.
· Providing training to staff and service users about online safety.
· Keeping records of engagement.
· Producing 8 case studies in the 12 - month period.
· Supporting and training two service users in the role of peer mentors.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Online safety and using the internet.
· Team player.
· Enjoys working with people.
· Knowledge of how mental health issues impact upon people. We are very happy to hear from applicants who have lived experience themselves.
For job information and an electronic application form please go to the ‘What’s On’ section on:
For an initial informal discussion please contact:
Ali Lee, Deputy Manager Waddington Street Centre Limited 3 Waddington Street Durham DH1 4BG
Tel. 0191 3860702 E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
Waddington Street Centre Limited is a Disability Confident Employer.
For a copy of the application form click here