At Waddington Street Centre we pride ourselves on the openness and transparency of all our business operations and we think this is an essential aspect of what makes our organisation tick. If you can't find the information you’re looking for below, please email us and we’ll try to help however we can. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Centre Manager Steve Wakefield.
- Establishing and promoting any charitable purpose in order to support people with mental health needs.
- This will be undertaken primarily through the provision and management of a resource centre and support for independent living.
- The charity’s beneficiaries are principally people living in Durham.
- A person-centred approach – Everyone is important to us; those who work for us and use our services, people in the local community, supporters and carers.
- Respecting individuality and diversity – We value difference and want everyone to be treated with personal dignity and respect, free from discrimination or harassment. We believe everyone has a positive contribution to make to wider society.
- Quality driven, openness, honesty and transparency – We aim for high standards in everything we do. This means that our business will be conducted with openness, honesty and accountability. We aim to be efficient and effective.
- Positive about partnerships – We invest in genuine partnerships working, striving to create alliances and new opportunities to help us achieve our aims.
We want to invite anyone who supports the work of the Centre to become a member of the company – whether you are a service user, carer, local resident or professional - in order to give the company the broadest base possible. Joining Waddington Street Centre as a company member will allow you to show your support and play a role in the Centre’s future. As a member of the company you will:
- Be invited to the Annual General Meeting
- Be able to stand for election to the Board of Directors
- Be able to vote for other company members to be elected to the Board of Directors
When you have been accepted as a member we will let you know. Each year we will ask you if you want to remain a member and invite you to the Annual General Meeting. In the unlikely event that the company is wound up, the liability of company members is limited to only £1. If you are interested in joining Waddington Street Centre Limited as a company member, please click here for an application form.
For more information on becoming a company member, you can contact Centre Manager Steve Wakefield on 0191 386 0702 or email him on email@example.com.
The Centre’s activities are directed by a Board of Directors who meet every 6 weeks and receive reports from the Centre Manager, the Treasurer, the Resource Organiser and service users. The Board also has three sub-committees (Personnel, Health and Safety and Finance) which meet when required and report to the Board. Waddington Street Centre seeks to have a Board which combines complementary skills, recognises and includes the Centre’s key partners, and which has a strong service user representation. Consequently, individuals may be asked to consider serving as Directors or Trustees because they offer particular skills or experience, or come from partner organisations, or are able to offer the perspective of service users.
As an organisation we encourage and support service users to become formally involved in helping to run the Centre. The Centre has a strong and demonstrable commitment to active user involvement. Several service users are Board Members (either as Directors or Trustees) and many have registered as company members. The Waddington Street Centre strongly supports and encourages the service user ‘movement’ through its internal service user forum.
Trustee Board meetings
Waddington Street Centre Limited Trustee Board meetings take place approximately every 6 weeks and are open for anyone who has an interest in the centre and its strategic workings to attend.
The remaining trustee board meeting dates – all meetings are held at 4.00pm at Waddington Street Centre - for 2018 are:
- Monday 26th March
- Monday 21st May
- Monday 23rd July
- Monday 17th September
- Friday 23rd November - AGM - 3.00pm
- Monday 26th November
Clink on this links below for the minutes of the board meetings over the past 12 months.
The Trustees are responsible for preparing the Report of the Trustees and the financial statement in accordance with applicable law and UK accounting standards. Company law requires the Trustees to prepare financial statements for each financial year which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the charitable company and of the incoming resources and application of resources.
To read or download Waddington Street Centre's most up-to-date accounts, you can click here to visit the Charity Commission website where all the relevant information is publicly available. If you’d like to read previous years’ Financial Extracts or Audited Accounts, please contact us directly and we’d be happy to send you the relevant documents.